Saturday, May 30, 2009

Greeting Cards




One of my biggest frustrations with making cards was trying to figure out what size to make a card and then what size envelope I needed to go along with it. I can't tell you how many pieces of fancy paper I ruined trying to "wing it" with this. Then one day I was on Capadia's website (http://capadiadesigns.blogspot.com/) and she mentioned size A2 cards and A2 envelopes. I jotted the information down and rushed my lil fanny to Office Depot, found A2 envelops for 10 cents each...soooo much cheaper then using a fancy sheet of paper. I was so excited, thanks to her website the most frustrating part of card making for me was gone. Within a week I made about 50 generic greeting cards to keep on hand for me and also to maybe sell. I needed three cards last week to send to a couple girlfriends of mine, and I was so excited to know that I had them for the most part already done. All I had to do was use my cricut to cut out "Hello Friend" and glue a piece of white paper to the inside of the card for the message. For the "Hello Friend" I used the scraps from the card base (since getting the Cricut from my Hubby for Christmas last year I don't throw away scraps). I think they turned out kinda cute :)


2 comments:

Thriftygranny said...

Love your cards and I have to admit that I had the same problem with I first started out. I used precut blank cards for a long time and that really helped me save money and learn. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

love your page renee,your cards are awfully pretty too:) LOVE R